In some cases, merchants may wonder if their promotion code will work if the status is set to “OFF”. The answer is yes, if the promotion is connected to a Shopify discount, even if the setting of the promotion is set to “OFF” it will still work when it is manually entered by the customer.
Here’s how the ADG discount code status “OFF” works
1. Create a Shopify discount.
2. Go to the ADG app to create a promotion.
3. Paste the discount code from the field to select the Shopify discount we just created.
4. You can add a trigger when necessary to add conditions on how you want your customer to get this promotion.
5. As you see from the below screenshot, the promotion is set to “OFF” status.
6. Manually enter the code from the discount code field. You will see that the discount will be applied (even if it is turned off)
NOTE: This only works for promotion discounts and not for Custom deals that we can create from the ADG app.